Tuesday 11 June 2013

Cupcakes!

It was a friend at work's birthday last week and I wanted to make her cupcakes but I didn't think of it in time for the weekend following her birthday (we only work weekends). So I just decided I was going to make them for her the following weekend, and spread out the birthday fun.

Really this was just an excuse to make cupcakes. I love baking cupcakes, and I love giving them away. Don't get me wrong I like eating them too, but after I eat like 4 I'm pretty much over it.

I tried to be a little creative with the icing and as such, a picture has ended up on several social media platforms, none of which because of me haha, so I decided I'd add to that and put one on here. I brought some cupcakes to work and gave them to a couple of the girls (including the birthday girl, of course) and they all just about lost it when they saw the icing. Which I think is kind of hilarious, because it's not that hard to do.

Fun pink and purple cupcakes

One of the girls is having a work pool party this week and now I really want to make cupcakes to bring to that, since even the people who didn't get cupcakes, wanted them. The only problem is, I'm here and my cupcake tools are at home. Which means I'm sorely tempted to go buy myself a new icing tip and colour :) because you can never have too many haha.

Update: I did go get myself s new icing tip and colour. I picked orange, because our work shirts are orange and I thought it was funny. I told the girl hosting the party I'm making them and she's super excited. So that's good news :)

As always, stay tuned for more misadventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment