Wednesday 18 September 2013

CIBC Run for the Cure

On Sunday October 6th I'm going to be participating in the Canadian Breast Cancer Society's CIBC Run for the Cure. It's a run dedicated to raising funds to find a cure for breast cancer.

I've wanted to participate in the run for the past 4 years or so, but I never knew where I was going to be come October and last year I figured I was going to be working. This year I decided that I was just going to do it.

I don't have a "real" reason for doing the run, no one in my family has been diagnosed, I've just always felt drawn to the breast cancer fundraising. I've always loved October when the Think Pink collection comes out. Basically I'm just running for a cure.

I'm running as a part of the Blue Mountain team, so far there's 12 of us on the team. We don't have an official team name yet, I think that'll be decided by tomorrow. As of today we have 18 days left until the day of the run.

My problem with raising money for things like this is that I hate asking people to donate. I also feel like I should have signed up for the run earlier so I would have more time to raise money, not that I'm sure that would help any. I'm planning on bringing cupcakes to work and getting people to donate a dollar if they would like one.

If you would like to donate you can go to the run website here, and I will be greatly appreciative.

I will do an update post after the run to let you know how it went and how much I and the team raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment