Tuesday 3 September 2013

Upcoming September Movie Releases

Unfortunately there are no movies coming to theatres in September that I want to see. However there are quite a few DVD releases and TV show premieres this month.

Now You See Me is released on DVD September 3. So I guess, today haha.

NOW YOU SEE ME pits an elite FBI squad in a game of cat and mouse against "the Four Horsemen", a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists. "The Four Horsemen" pull off a series of daring heists against corrupt business leaders during their performances, showering the stolen profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.


Now You See Me was a pretty good movie. You can see my review of it here. I probably won't be buying it, but if you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend checking it out.

Star Trek into Darkness comes out on September 10.

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving the world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As the heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.


My review can be found here. This movie I will be buying, though I'm trying to decide if I want to buy it when it comes out or later when it's a little cheaper.

Also being released on September 10 are Season 5 of Castle, and Season 1 of Chicago Fire.

The last DVD that I'm excited about being released in September is Iron Man 3 on September 24.

Brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr) is pitted against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to a question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?


My review of Iron Man 3 can be found here. This one I also plan on buying, but am still deciding whether it's going to be when it's released or in a few months.

Hawaii Five-0 Season 3 is also being released on September 24.

The end of the month also signifies TV premiere time. Castle is again on Monday nights, starting on September 23. Tuesday the 24 is apparently a very popular day this year with NCIS, Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. (both unfortunately at 8pm, so I don't know if I'll be getting to watch S.H.E.I.L.D.), NCIS: Los Angeles, Chicago Fire and Person of Interest (since the last two are both on at 10pm, and I only usually watch PoI with my mom, Chicago Fire will probably win). Elementary premieres Thursday September 26, and Hawaii Five-0 has moved days and starts Friday September 27.

That's my wrap up of what's coming on in September. What shows are you looking forward to?

1 comment:

  1. I've got my little calendar on my phone all set up with some shows. I think I'm missing some - like S.H.E.I.L.D., which I'd like to check out just for kicks. I've got Bones, Castle, The Crazy Ones (a new one with Sarah Michelle Geller (Gellar?) and Robin Williams), Elementary, Parenthood, both Onces...and...I feel like I'm missing something. Oh well. Yay for fall TV!

    ReplyDelete