Wednesday 2 October 2013

Upcoming October Movie Releases

Apparently I'm not on the ball. Didn't think about the fact that September was almost over and I'd need to do one of these posts for October.

It appears as though there are no good movies coming out in theatres this month. Again. Kind of disappointing.

And there are only 2 movies coming out on DVD that I'm looking forward to.

Much Ado About Nothing is released October 8th.

Leonato the governor of Messina, is visited by his friend Don Pedro who is returning from a victorious campaign against his rebellious brother Don John. Accompanying Don Pedro are two of his officers: Benedick and Claudio. While in Messina, Claudio falls for Leonato's daughter Hero, while Benedick verbally spars with Beatrice, the governor's niece. The budding love between Claudio and Hero prompts Don Pedro to arrange with Leonato for a marriage. In the days leading up to the ceremony, Don Pedro, with the help of Leonato, Claudio and Hero, attempts to sport with Benedick and Beatrice in an effort to trick the two into falling in love. Meanwhile, the villainous Don John, with the help of his allies Conrade and Borachio plots against the happy couple, using his own form of trickery to try to destroy the marriage before it begins. A series of comic and tragic events may continue to keep the two couples from truly finding happiness, but then again perhaps love may prevail.


I haven't actually seen this movie, apparently it wasn't popular enough to come to any theatres near me. It's a modern retelling of Shakespeare, which usually tend to be pretty interesting (much more than the original stuff). It's directed by Joss Whedon, and Nathan Fillion (whom I love) is in it as well. I'm not sure when I'll be seeing this, just because I'm not too fond of buying movies that I haven't seen yet and unfortunately there's no places to rent movies around anymore.

The second movie I'm looking forward to is Monster's University, out on October 29th.


Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan are an inseparable pair, but that wasn’t always the case. From the moment these two mismatched monsters met they couldn't stand each other. “Monsters University” unlocks the door to how Mike and Sulley overcame their differences and became the best of friends.


Can't wait to watch this movie again. My review of this movie is here.

Hopefully next month is a little bit more exciting for movies. And as always, stay tuned for more misadventures.


 

1 comment:

  1. At least the fall is a good time for books! I heart fall releases. So much amazingness. Also, remind me to show you how to take the captcha off your comments this weekend!

    ReplyDelete