Monday 25 November 2013

Toronto Adventures Part One: Book Buzz

On Thursday November 7th, my sister Kaley of Books Etc. helped to plan and host Book Buzz Toronto. I was fortunate enough to have time off from work, and my mom took some time off as well, and we headed on a big city adventure.

Book Buzz was an event started in NYC, but Kaley and a few authors decided to bring it north of the border. The event is a mix and mingle with authors of women's fiction, books for sale and the opportunity to get them signed. Each of the authors had at least one of their books for sale, for $10 each, so it was a great opportunity to pick up some Christmas presents (I know Kaley did).

Look at all the books!


The event took place at a bar in Toronto called The Crest and had a great turnout. There were the authors, of course, as well as bloggers and other people in the industry, and just general book lovers. There were quite a few men there as well!

There were hors d'oeuvres passed around, I didn't have any (picky eater) but they seemed to be getting grabbed off the trays. Their was also a free signature drink offered, we got a ticket as soon as we got in the door. The Pink Stiletto's were pink lemonade and vodka, rimmed with pink sugar and had a raspberry garnish. I drank half (not a big drinker either), licked the sugar off and gave the rest to Kaley :) haha.

Pink Stiletto


Being the only non author, Kaley got the job of introducing all the lovely ladies involved in the event. Even though I know she was super nervous, she did a fabulous job. Must have been all those pink stilettos :P haha.


Back from left: Meredith, Heather, Chantel, Kate, Kaley, Lydia, Romi
Front from left: Cat, Samantha, Samantha
I was "hired" as the unofficial photographer, and I had a pretty good time taking pictures. If you would like to see more, you can check out the Book Buzz pinterest board.


It was great to see my sister, and I'm so proud of her for putting this event together. She was so excited to be a part of this and to meet all these great and talented women who write the books she loves.

Hopefully they can do it again next year, and I can be the photographer again. If you're interested in hearing more about the event, most of the authors have blog posts up, including Kaley.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! :) And a HUGE thank you for coming! Yay!

    ReplyDelete