Saturday 24 May 2014

Mini Movie Review: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I had intended to write a review of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 soon after going to see it in theatres. Two weeks later...that's finally happening.

Luckily it was playing in both 2D and 3D in Midland so we didn't have to go see the 3D version, which, as anyone who reads this blog has come to realize, I hate.

 
We've always known that Spider-Man's most important conflict has been within himself: the struggle between the ordinary obligations of Peter Parker and the extraordinary responsibilities of Spider-Man. But in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that his greatest battle is about to begin. It's great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there's no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: Oscorp.

I very much enjoyed this movie. I've never been a super huge Spider-Man fan (especially not the first trilogy) but I liked The Amazing Spider-Man so I was looking forward to seeing number 2. I think Andrew Garfield has done a great job as Spider-Man. And I especially love Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey. The two of them have great chemistry together (obviously as they're actually dating).

There are quite a few funny parts in the movie, as well as a few more serious (and sad) parts. I'm not going to lie, I totally cried at the end. I like how Spider-Man doesn't just fight the big guys, he helps the little guys as well. The movie also managed to balance the action with a story line, which was good.

As a huge Marvel fan (but not so huge Spider-Man fan), Josh didn't have anything overly negative to say about the movie. Which is always a good thing.

Overall I thought it was a very good movie, and at some point will be adding it (and The Amazing Spider-Man) to my collection. I'm very much looking forward to the next, and final I believe, addition to the Amazing Spider-Man series.

No comments:

Post a Comment