Thursday 5 June 2014

Upcoming June Movie Releases

Late again. I fail at keeping track of time and what I need to do. But this will be a short post as it appears as though there are only 2 movie releases in theatres that I am looking forward to, and none on DVD.

Both movies also happen to be released on June 13.

The first movie is 22 Jump Street

After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum) when they go deep undercover at a local college. But when Jenko meets a kindred spirit on the football team, and Schmidt infiltrates the bohemian art major scene, they begin to question their partnership. Now they don't have to just crack the case - they have to figure out if they can have a mature relationship. If these two overgrown adolescents can grow from freshmen into real men, college might be the best thing that ever happened to them.

I haven't seen too much in the way of ads or trailers for this movie. And I mostly only want to see it because I've watched the first one and it was pretty funny. Ok, and there's Channing Tatum haha. I won't be upset if I don't end up going to see it in theatres though.


The second movie is How to Train Your Dragon 2

The thrilling second chapter of the epic "How to Train Your Dragon" trilogy returns to the fantastical world of the heroic Viking Hiccup and his faithful dragon Toothless. The inseparable duo must protect the peace and save the future of men and dragons from the power-hungry Drago.

I absolutely adored the first movie. Whoa, wait a minute, just read that synopsis and, TRILOGY??? That's super exciting. Ok. Sorry. Side tracked. But anyways, How to Train Your Dragon was adorable and funny and just all around awesome. And I'm hoping the second installment will be just as great. This one I'm hoping I can get to see in theatres (though not so excited of the probability of 3D).

Apparently Hollywood is only able to do sequels and remakes nowadays. At least that's what I find has been happening a lot lately when it comes to movies. That or adaptations. Or all of the above. Here's hoping July steps up and has some great movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment