Monday 7 July 2014

Upcoming July Movie Releases

I'm very behind this month. Good thing there's not a whole lot of movies being released this month. It's a tad surprising because usually July is one of the busiest month for movies. And maybe it's just that I think 90% of the movies coming out right now look like crap.

There's one movie being released on DVD this month and that's The Other Woman being released July 29

After discovering her boyfriend is married, a woman (Cameron Diaz) tries to get her ruined life back on track. But when she accidentally meets the wife he's been cheating on (Leslie Mann), she realizes they have much in common, and her sworn enemy becomes her greatest friend. When yet another affair is discovered (Kate Upton), all three women team up to plot mutual revenge on their cheating, lying, three-timing SOB.
I thought this movie looked kind of funny. I never went to see it in theatres, mostly because I didn't think it looked funny enough to spend that much money on. Basically, if it comes on Netflix and I come across it, I'll throw it on and watch it, I probably won't go out of my way to look for it and watch it.

There are only two movies this month coming to theatres that I want to see.

First up was Earth to Echo on July 1

Tuck, Munch and Alex are a trio of inseparable friends whose lives are about to change. Their neighborhood is being destroyed by a highway construction project that is forcing their families to move away. But just two days before they must part ways, the boys begin receiving a strange series of signals on their phones. Convinced something bigger is going on, they team up with another school friend, Emma, and set out to look for the source of their phone signals.  What they discover is something beyond their wildest imaginations: a small alien who has become stranded on Earth.  In need of their help, the four friends come together to protect the alien and help him find his way home. This journey, full of wonder and adventure, is their story, and their secret.

I didn't really know much about this movie. I think I've seen one preview so far, and that was only because I told Josh I didn't have much interest in seeing it and he showed me the trailer. He actually said "how can you tell me you don't think that thing is cute?" haha. Which is true. It is adorable. I also feel like this may be a bit like ET. And I wasn't a huge fan of ET, and I'm not sure if that was because I didn't like the movie itself or because ET freaked me out lol. So I'll probably give this one a shot, but I may not go out of my way to go to it in theatres.

Lastly, being released July 24 is Hercules (The Rock version)

Now a traveling mercenary, Hercules (Dwayne Johnson) must once again become a hero to help the benevolent king of Thrace protect his people from a savage warlord.

 I don't really know much about this movie either, but it looks interesting. I feel like The Rock will play Hercules fairly well. This is another one that I may not go out of my way to see in theatres, but wouldn't mind seeing if I did.

Overall, July's not a very exciting month for movies. Here's hoping August's a bit better.



No comments:

Post a Comment