Wednesday 3 September 2014

Mini Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy

I got to see Guardians of the Galaxy the first Tuesday after it opened (which shows how long it took me to write this post). I went with my best friend Amber who had already seen it, which normally I hate doing but she was trying to distract me from my life and that was probably going to be the only time I was going to be able to see it. She said it was just as funny the second time around. I thought it was hilarious. But before I get into the rest of my thoughts, here's the synopsis.



In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan.


Like I already said, the movie was hilarious. I wouldn't say it's your typical superhero story, partly because the Guardians aren't your typical superheroes. They all start out as a bunch of outcasts and basically all hate each other.

As usual, my favourite character in the movie was the non human. And as I say that I realize that most of the characters aren't actually human, but aside from being different colours, they look human. My favourite was Groot (or the tree, if you're unsure). He was cute, and even though he didn't say much ("I am Groot") he expressed himself pretty well. He just about kills me at the end though. Super cute.

I don't think I really have a whole lot to say about the movie. Other than it's really funny and you should definitely go see it. The cast is great as well. As a co-worker said, they took Chris Pratt, who usually plays the chubby, funny guy, and put him in the gym and now he's the buff, funny action hero. It's kind of awesome.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the Guardians again in theatres in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment