Tuesday 7 October 2014

Upcoming October Movie Releases

There are a few movies coming to theatres that I might be interested in watching, as well as one that I'm excited about being released on DVD.

Starting with the movies being released in theatres, is The Judge on October 10

In "The Judge," Downey stars as big city lawyer Hank Palmer, who returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town's judge (Duvall), is suspected of murder. He sets out to discover the truth and along the way reconnects with the family he walked away from years before.
This movie isn't normally one I would really be interested in watching, but it looked like it could be a cute sort of family movie. It also doesn't hurt that it has Robert Downey Jr in it. It should be interesting to see him in a slightly more serious role. This one may not be one I watch in theatres, but I definitely would like to watch it some time down the road.

Next up on October 17 is The Best of Me

"White people almost kissing"
Based on the bestselling novel by acclaimed author Nicholas Sparks, "The Best of Me" tells the story of Dawson and Amanda, two former high school sweethearts who find themselves reunited after 20 years apart, when they return to their small town for the funeral of a beloved friend. Their bittersweet reunion reignites the love they've never forgotten, but soon they discover the forces that drove them apart twenty years ago live on, posing even more serious threats today. Spanning decades, this epic love story captures the enduring power of our first true love, and the wrenching choices we face when confronted with elusive second chances.

I think I may have seen one preview for this movie. But since it's based on a Nicholas Sparks book, it should be decent. Likely super depressing, but decent. I also love James Marsden. Apparently my movie choices revolve around pretty boys...whatever. If I find someone who wants to go see this with me, I'll go see it in theatres. If not, I don't think I'll be too concerned.

Finally there is Laggies, being released October 24

Overeducated and underemployed, 28 year old Megan (Keira Knightley) is in the throes of a quarterlife crisis. Squarely into adulthood with no career prospects, no particular motivation to think about her future and no one to relate to, Megan is comfortable lagging a few steps behind - while her friends check off milestones and celebrate their new grown-up status. When her high-school sweetheart (Mark Webber) proposes, Megan panics and- given an unexpected opportunity to escape for a week - hides out in the home of her new friend, 16-year old Annika (Chloe Grace Moretz) and Annika's world-weary single dad Craig (Sam Rockwell).
I feel like this movie speaks to me. That's pretty much all there is to it. I hadn't even heard about this until I started writing this post, but after finding it I have decided I need to watch it. Not only is Keira Knightley fantastic, I kind of feel like this in the sense that I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. And her name is Megan, it's always fun when a main character has the same name as you :) haha.
 
Being released on DVD October 14 is X-Men: Days of Future Past


The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in 'X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.' The beloved characters from the original 'X-Men' film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from the past, 'X-Men: First Class,' in order to change a major historical event and fight in an epic battle that could save our future.
 
I actually got to see this movie in theatres, and you can find my review for it here. I really enjoyed it, even though at some points it was a little confusing (past and present crossing each other). I may not be adding this to my collection right away, as I don't own any of the other X-Men movies, but at some point I plan on buying it.

All in all, October is a semi decent month for movie releases.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment